Aged Care Facilities
Dietwise has worked collaboratively with aged care facilities in Perth for more than 25 years and accepts referrals to review individual residents in both high care and low care facilities.
For individual residents our specialized clinical nutrition services include:
- comprehensive nutritional assessment and management of unintentional weight loss, malnutrition, poor appetite, poorly controlled blood sugars, excess weight or undesirable weight gain, altered bowel habits, pressures injuries and more
- review of PEG feeding regimes
- prescribing medical nutrition supplements where appropriate
- management of mealtime issues such as food refusal, wandering, poor appetite
- provision of individualized Nutrition Care Plans and / or Mealtime Management Plans
For remote facilities, for your convenience we also offer telephone or Skype™ consultations with staff for individual resident reviews. For DVA Gold Card residents, a referral from a Medical Practitioner is required before nutrition services can be provided.